What is Blog Outreach and Why? Blog outreach is PR work. It is reaching out to bloggers, who already have an influence on your target audience, to promote your business and products.
These bloggers are commonly known as influencers. Engagement with the right influencers can drive traffic to your site, and provide relevant high quality link backs which benefit SEO goals.
A few ways businesses seek to engage Bloggers:
- Asking bloggers for a sponsored post
- Seeking a guest post on their blog
- Encouraging a blogger to share links on their blog
- Submitting infographics for use on their page
Ways to engage a blogger:
- Have real interest in the bloggers work
- Target the right bloggers; if it’s good for your business it’ll be good for their blog
- Don’t stalk the blogger, be respectful
- Open communication by engaging bloggers by comment on blogs
- Some bloggers monetize some don’t; pitch accordingly
- Offer no-strings freebies or samples
Skills that can lead to Blogger Outreach opportunities:
- Social Media
- Data Mining
- Email Campaign know how
- Convincing campaign write-ups
- Good personal relationship building skills
This is a good start for becoming a Blogger Outreach professional. In the Freelance world, there are plenty of gigs that will hire freelancers to do Blog Outreach. Why shouldn’t you be the next great Blogger Outreach professional?
Decent clients should expect to pay around $20-$25 hourly. Much will depend on their budget. If a gig offers to pay for each successful engagement, negotiate somewhere between $75-150 per post, link, upload, etc.
If you are looking for freelance opportunities or to freshen up your game, go ahead and give Blogger Outreach a shot. Learning to fly takes a leap of faith from the branch you’re standing on. Take it.